Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Other Side...Ko Phangnan, Haat Salad (no, not hot salad)


The elusive sea urchin at low tide.

I think this is a sea cucumber... they are so crazy~! This is at low tide- they are everywhere!


Ok, a better shot of the sky at sunset...



Sunset at My Way Restaurant, on Haat Salad.... (yes, we really are that sunburnt~!)




My hand after the little moto wipeout...



So, many exciting tales to the other side of the island...the sunsets are so very beautiful on this side! The beaches are much different. We took the advice of a man on the ferry to go to this resort, which was something else. I won't post much here, but I will say that it was partly shady and very secluded... we rented a motor bike and took it for a ride. We were so careful, but ugh! We wiped out in the driveway. Loose gravel and a really steep pitch will do that! My hand got tore up and I bent my wedding ring... Todd got some nice road rash, but we were pretty lucky.


The next day we hopped back on and went to Ko Ma to do some snorkelling. At first glance, the sandbar out to the island looks as if there might be some good swimming, but nothing special. It looked a little bit rocky too. However, there was coral and fish everywhere! Todd is much more adveturous than I and he really got to see some bigger fish out deep, including clown fish!


This is our last full day here and then we are off to Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment